Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back and Gone Again

My poor blog, she's been so neglected these last few weeks! We've had a jam-packed holiday season with multiple family obligations (not to mention work and the fact that this pregnancy is continuing to kick my ass). Over the Christmas holiday, my parents were in town for a week. It was wonderful having them here. CindyLou was so much fun this Christmas, saying "Merry Christmas, Mommy!" on that day and in the week following Christmas Day. So adorable. My parents left on the 26th and Mr. Whoo's brother and his family arrived that same evening. I spent most of the 27th catching up on office paperwork, doing a few small surgeries, and watching in amazement as the Seminoles finally played a good game, um, second half.

Then it was off to the ski cabin that Mr. Whoo's family had rented for the New Year's holiday. The cabin was really nice with amazing mountain views, and it was minutes to two different ski resorts. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate. It was warm (40-50s) for the majority of the week. The first two days we had snow on the ground at the cabin, so the little ones got to sled and make snow angels. We also took them snow tubing one afternoon. There were 10 adults (including 2 pregnant women) and 7 kids (ages ranging from 9 months to 5 years), so to say that it was busy would be a gross understatement. For the most part, it was relaxing. I didn't do a whole lot of skiing, partially due to the less than stellar conditions, partially because of the pregnancy, and mostly because I generally spend most of the first few hours of skiing on my ample posterior, until I get my "ski legs." The majority of the time was spent watching bowl games, playing board games, and eating. My kind of vacation! We all watched the ball drop together, and I did have the teeniest sip of champagne (so good, sigh).

We arrived back home on New Year's Day, and our house appeared as though a Christmas bomb had gone off within. Messy, messy, messy. Mr. Whoo has been amazing about cleaning up Christmas. OtherDoc is also on vacation this week, so I got the double whammy of coming back to a full schedule and all of his patients to cover, to boot. I swear that my office staff is trying to kill me. Tuesday I had 53 patients in the office, Wednesday I had an induction and 4 surgeries, Thursday I had a c-section and 52 office patients, and Friday, for my "half-day" I had 27 office patients and 2 surgeries. Needless to say, I spent most of Friday night catatonic on the couch. This weekend I have to finish writing all of my clinic charts (before I forget what happened) and I must dictate my delinquent charts (all 26 of them, ack.)

Oh yes, and we also have to pack for the cruise that we are taking this next week. In retrospect, I realize that the timing of this cruise is less than ideal, but we booked the cruise before the ski trip was planned. The cruise is not just any old cruise, it is called The Rock Boat, and we have been on a few over the years. It started back in 2001 with Sister Hazel and a few bands and has since grown to a rather large floating concert with multiple bands. We are going with a group of friends, and it is always a good time. As expected, this is usually a big booze cruise, so I am a bit apprehensive about being the sole sober person, not only in my group of friends, but on the entire cruise ship. On the bright side, there will be lots of great music and concerts that I will actually remember this time, and I'll be ready with the video camera to record any and all funny/embarrassing moments.

We fly out Tuesday morning, we will drop CindyLou off with Mr. Whoo's mom, and then we are driving down with all of the gang on Wednesday to Fort Lauderdale. I am actually very thankful to be getting a few vacations so close together, it is just a matter of getting prepped and on the way that is stressing me out. Once we are on the boat, it will be nothing but relaxation. So, I am afraid that I will once again be out of touch for the next week or so. I have lots of interesting ideas in my head for future posts, and will do my best to post more regularly once the craziness dies down. Bear with me, life is getting in the way of blogging, it seems! I hope that you all are having a great 2007!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a crazy holiday season. :) Enjoy your vacation.

-- MWAK (comenting impaired)