Saturday, May 24, 2008

Musical Musings

Hello again! No, I've not fallen from the face of the planet. Just running like crazy. You see, once you take time off you *must be punished* for your time away! I think I blinked and missed the whole month of May. We had a fabulous time at the wedding. Everything was beautiful, and it was so fun to see everyone. The meeting of the other woman was completely bland and uneventful (as we had planned, there's been enough drama). I was cordial, but did not engage either she nor Cheater any more than I had to in polite conversation. It went as well as could be expected. This person is no dummy, so I am certain she could feel the chill from Mr. Whoo's and my shoulders, but no awkwardness was made...I think. At any rate it is over, so that makes me happy.

Bean and CindyLou were superstars on the car trip. Such amazing kids! We are truly blessed. As is often the case on road trips, Mr. Whoo and I resorted to music to keep our trip interesting and fun. This time, we busted out an artist we haven't listened to in a little while, John Mayer. Don't get me wrong, I know he is so 2001, and has gotten uber weird and into himself, and dates flaky arm candy that doesn't mesh with his "I am an artiste!" persona, and he does weird things with his mouth when he plays guitar, but he can turn a hell of a lyric! Anyway, I got to revisit some of my favorite lines, and am posting them here, as well. Have a great holiday weekend, all!

When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask,
it just walks in, where it left you last.
You never know when it starts,
until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart. - Something's Missing

You asked to kiss me once goodbye, but you already did,
on somebody else's lips. - Why Did You Mess with Forever? (No videos, bummer...great song.)

Today I finally overcame trying to fit the world inside a picture frame. - 3x5

And I will go to my grave with the life that I gave
Not just some melody line on a radio wave
It dissipates, and soon evaporates, but a home life doesn't change. - Home Life (weird little video, but the song is unmarred)

Oh, another social casualty. Score one more for me.
How could I forget? Mama said "think before speaking."
No filter in my head. Oh, what's a boy to do?
I guess he better find one soon. - My Stupid Mouth

Numb is the new deep. Done with the old me.
I'm over the analyzing, tonight. - New Deep

I can't wait to figure out what's wrong with me,
so I can say this is the way that I used to be.
There's no substitute for time. - Split Screen Sadness

So what, so I've got a smile on. It's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head.
Don't believe me when I say I've got it down. - Why Georgia

Check your pulse, it's proof that you're not listening to the call your life's been issuing you.
The rhythm of a line of idle days.
Scared of a world outside you should go explore,
pull all the shades and wander the great indoors. - The Great Indoors

Oh, if only my life was more like1983.
All these things would be more like they were at the start of me . - 83

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All great lyrics of course.

arturo said...

John Mayer's "Room from Squares" is truly one of the best albums ever. I'm glad you're doing fine, Dr. Whoo!

Anonymous said...

Hope we can exchange links, my blog url is http://NurseReview.Org (PR 5), it will both help our blog gain more visitors.

TITLE: NurseReview.Org Nclex Resource
URL : http://NurseReview.Org

Hope to hear from you soon. Kindly leave a comment in my blog once you have added my link so that I can do the same for you blog.

THanks,
Myk

NurseReview.Org NCLEX Resource

Nurse Discussion Forum

Doulala said...

Oh how I love John Mayer!

Anonymous said...

I love "My Stupid Mouth". One of my favorite songs ever.

Unknown said...

I totally agree, I am so glad that John Mayer makes my baby go to sleep in his carseat, it is a win-win!

Also some awesome guitar solos!