Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Placeholder

Whoa! I just blinked and a whole month was gone! Sorry to be MIA for so long. You have heard it all before. Get the house ready to sell, try (yes, I said try) to leave the old job, try to arrange things for the new job, take the family to the extremes of the North and South for back to back vacations, oh, and you know, work a full-time, 4 days off/month job. Makes it difficult to blog, ya know?

It isn't for lack of material, that is certain. I have a million ideas rattling around my skull, but no ability to focus in and write. Shall I write about how my current job in Whooville is giving me hell about trying to leave my contract early? Or shall I write about how difficult it is to tell my patients that I am leaving...especially the pregnant ones, due after I am supposed to leave? How about writing on how I managed to not eat pasta for the entire of season of Lent, and still managed not to lose a single pound? (Oink!) Or how we still haven't sold the house and I am freaking out? Maybe I should write about how big my kids are getting, almost 5 and almost 2, and how I feel like I've missed out on so much. It isn't anything you haven't heard me bitch/moan/whine or complain about before. I know I have to get back in the blogging "saddle" again, but I am unsure of how to start. What do *you* want to hear about?

Oh, and happy Tax day. Heh.

9 comments:

Future OB/GYN said...

You should write whatever your heart tells you. I would personally love to hear some work stories though!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time! Focus on what you need to- we'll still be around when you get back!

Sam said...

I personally like reading the funny patient stories. :)

kateisfun said...

I just read through the whole of your blog over the past two days, and enjoyed. I personally love hearing about the work front. I am an aspiring-doula/natural-birth-advocate, and my scientist husband insisted I research the medical community thoroughly as well. I find your birth approach to be quite balanced in terms of interventions, etc... and I am glad to have my perspective broadened. Keep up the great writing!

Anonymous said...

Hope they are not giving you too much hell about getting out of your contract early! I can imagine how hard it is to tell your prego patients. My OB and I were pregnant twice together. Her third child was born two weeks before my second one. I am somewhat ashamed to admit I flipped out when I found out she was leaving me in my hour of need again :) Amazingly she made a special appearance just to deliver my second one!
Take care.
Amy in OH

Fizzlemed said...

I want to hear about 1) what you DID get to eat over lent, 2) a good rant about contract-breaking, and 3) something super happy and flowery to balance it all out :) :) Yay! You're back!

Lara said...

I hate that blank screen when I go in blogging ruts. Can I just tell you how impressed I am that you went the entire season of Lent without pasta???? Damn, girl. I'd have had to cope by substituting doughnuts or something. I'd probably GAIN weight. Heh.

xo

Anonymous said...

I've missed reading your posts! I find all of your posts interesting so you should continue writing about the things that interest you most. To add to your list of interesting topics, I would like to hear about any interesting cases you have had recently and your opinion on the Shettles Method. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Whatever's on hour mind, dear.