Monday, August 08, 2011

Into the Fray

So, I admit it, I've missed you. A lot. I've been trying and trying to stay away, but, blog, I just can't quit you! So, hello to all of those of you who know my name, I hope you'll see that even though I'm human, I am still a d*mn good physician who cares about her patients, even when the day to day grind predisposes to bitterness and sarcasm. I desperately owe my good, bloggy friend Dr. Rupe a book review, and, being just a bit OCD, I didn't feel like I could properly do it until I had the chance to read the entire book (not easy in this crazy life). Good news! I've read it (and loved it) and will post a glowing review worthy of it ASAP. I still have no idea how in the world that she was able to co-write the book, when I've barely had time to read it! Many apologies, Dr. Rupe, I wanted to do your work justice!

You won't be surprised that not much has changed around here. Work is crazy, my children are sweet, lovable, and growing up too fast, my husband is a saint, and OMFG it is blazing hot! I'm working a lot, but just came off what may have been my best weekend call of my whole entire life (got to sleep in my bed all three nights, that will never happen again)! I also dropped 20 lbs since April ( I'm thinking, mostly water weight from sweating my *ss off all day long). Most of all I have missed writing, want this outlet back, and thank you for still being out there to listen to my ramblings. Please know that everything posted about clinical situations on this blog is altered to protect every patient's privacy. More soon...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!

Your back! :) I am very happy about this. I enjoy reading your posts.

Laura said...

Yippee! Congrats on your weight loss and your great call weekend :).

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! so glad you're back! have missed your posts so much

terri c said...

HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!!!! WHEEE!!!! Glad you're back; missed you!

Christie Critters said...

Welcome back to your blog. I was so happy to see you writing again!

AtYourCervix said...

Welcome back!!! We missed you!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've missed your posts. Look forward to reading more.
Amy in OH

Kyla said...

Glad you're back!

Susan said...

I am so excited. I enjoyed reading your blog during late night insomnia over the spring.

Susan

mamadoc said...

So glad you are back, I missed your posts. And maybe it will cool down soon